Many parents wonder if attending preschool is the next step for their youngster, which is why we’ve rounded up a list of reasons your little one should be in preschool. Children will learn many important skills while attending which can help with both their academic and social growth going into elementary school.
- In many cases, this will be the first place where your child is in a structured setting with teachers and other children. They will learn to follow instructions, share, and more.
- Preschool is a great way to get children ready for kindergarten. While some parents may be concerned about pushing children to grow too quickly, any good school is going to offer both playtime and educational experiences.
- You can expect to see emotional and social development from your child. They will learn to build relationships with others, both children and teachers. School offers teachable moments that children will carry with them into kindergarten and beyond.
- While structure is provided, it’s not always obvious to the children. This can make the environment a great place for a child to make friends and learn to play with others.
- Your child will be able to make choices, such as picking on activity to focus on over another. This will allow your child to learn what interests them and find the skills to work with others.
- Helping others and caring for themselves is something that is common. The students will learn to wash their hands, keep belongings in specified places, and put toys away between activities.
- When it comes to language and cognitive skills, there’s nowhere better for a child. They will have the change to act, sing, and talk about books. Teachers can provide questions that help children learn new words and expand knowledge.
- Your child will get experience with both early literacy and math skills. This might be by singing the alphabet song or learning to count coins and bills.
- A child will have their imagination stoked with make-believe play and other fun activities.
- Preschool can help your child gain better motor skills through things like playing games, cutting with scissors, and running.
If you have a young child who is about the age for preschool, Alpine Montessori in Summit NJ might fit your needs. Allow your child to learn on their own terms about things that matter. You can find out more by calling the office at 973-726-0349.
Be the first to like.