5 Common Signs You Need Specs
See if this sounds familiar: You’ve always been an avid reader, but lately, you’ve had trouble reading books or scanning the news on your tablet unless the page or screen is inches away from your nose.
It may be time for you to consider getting prescription eye glasses. Here are some of the reasons why you need corrective specs and why you need them as soon as possible, according to the Center for Young Women’s Health:
* Everything’s blurry. If everything seems blurry and out-of-focus, if you can’t seem to make out the details of a sign or title of a book right in front of you, then your eye sight is failing and needs corrective treatment right away.
* Frequent headaches. Suffer from frequent headaches? It’s a common sign that you need glasses. Once you’ve got one, the lenses will help correct your eyesight or at the very least, help you see clearly, eliminating the headaches. Unless, of course, the lenses aren’t quite right for you. For instance, lenses with sky-high grades for the lens might help you count rocks even on the moon but it may be too high for you, causing dizziness and headaches until you replace it with lens with grades that won’t make you dizzy.
* You squint. A lot. If you squint just to read signs, books or to make out the details of a particular object or image from afar, then you need eye glasses. Once you’ve got the right pair on, you’ll be able to see clearly again, helping you appreciate details previously lost to you.
* Your eyes hurt. That’s also one probable reason to outfitted with a pair of specs. It’s your body’s way of telling you that you need help.
* You can’t wear contacts. If you’ve already tried contacts and found it an incredible hassle to wear—clean your case every night, be careful not to rub your eyes when you’re wearing your contacts or you’ll risk an eye infection, etc.—then glasses offer you a better solution to your problems. It’s easy to wear in the morning. No need to waste precious minutes just to get yourself and your eyes ready. At night, all you need to do is pluck it off your nose, set it aside, and then grope around for it in the morning.
So if you’ve got eye problems and don’t want to wrestle with contacts all the time, then getting glasses is the best way to go. If you’re anywhere in Grand Rapids and looking for eye glasses, then stop by the Grand Rapids Ophthalmology for consultation and medical assistance.