Home invasions and burglaries happen all the time. It’s not enough to just read about the horror stories. You need to take active steps to keep these burglars and robbers from targeting your home. Don’t take chances with your family’s safety.
7 Ways to Protect Yourself and Your Loved Ones
1. Get rid of the mail slot, says The Guardian. Robbers can use this to their advantage, often slipping in fishing rods through the slot to help them open your front door and get access to your home. Don’t give them that satisfaction. Ditch the letter box for a more secure door.
2. Buy security devices for your doors. There are plenty of door security devices you can choose from. From better door knobs to heavy-duty deadbolts, these devices can help deter a thief and keep you safe from a burglary.
3. Pick a safe room. In the event that something happens and you aren’t home to protect your family, make sure they have a safe room they can go in and hide, says Popular Mechanics. Your family’s safety should come first so make sure they aren’t in harm’s way. Equip the room with a phone, flashlight and a firearm or baseball, or any sort of makeshift weapon that’s easy to use.
4. Keep your gun accessible. If you’ve got a gun and know how to use it, then make sure you keep it in a spot that’s quite easy for you to get to. Having a firearm won’t matter if you can’t get to it in time to make a difference.
5. Conceal valuable items. If you’ve got an expensive car, keep it in the garage. Just bought yourself a brand new TV? Don’t throw the box outside for everyone to see. Either recycle the box or mess it up so it can put robbers off the scent.
6. Have great exterior lighting. Criminal elements use the darkness as a cover for their nighttime activities. If you want to discourage anyone from invading your home, putting in a lot of lighting in your garden or around your home will make it harder for them to approach your house.
7. Never let anyone know you’re going away. Don’t tell a soul—at least not anyone you don’t trust—that you’ll be away from home. You don’t know who people talk to. There’s no guarantee that this information wouldn’t reach a thief so protect your home by keeping mum about this.
So take this information to heart. With luck, these tips can help you keep your home safe from any home invasions or burglaries from happening.
For more information visit us : http://www.safetybasement.com/
Be the first to like.