Educational theorists understand the importance of dance to learning. They know children learn better from experience. In kinesthetic learning, doing plays a primary role. Ballet classes for kids help them make this movement through dance and into academic learning. In Highland Park IL, many opportunities present themselves to parents to ensure their children have the chance to explore their creative self while advancing their academic abilities.
In Favor of Ballet Classes for Kids
Little doubt remains in most researchers’ minds that dance is a medium through which children can expand their interests. Dance is considered an acceptable after school activity. It ranks right up there with music lessons and sports as being an important component of creating a well-rounded child. In Highland Park IL, children sign up for lessons in tap dancing, hip-hop, jazz and modern jazz.
Ballet classes for kids once in high favor are often pushed aside for these more modern and “relevant” dance forms. Classical ballet, in particular, suffers from this current tendency to prefer more modern over past dance forms. Taking ballet at an early age can help children who want to continue in dance but in these other styles. Nor is it the only benefit from taking ballet lessons.
Basic Benefits Gained from Ballet Classes for Kids
Ballet can offer many benefits to those children in Highland Park IL who take it. Children of all ages learn the following:
* How to Follow Instructions: This comes in good stead in all aspects of life. From doing homework to answering questions in class to making anything, it is important to follow instruction – verbal or written
* A Sense of Discipline: This includes forming new positions. Learning them and holding them provides them with the foundation for solid physical and mental control
* Balance and Co-Ordination: Ballet classes for kids teaches them how to maintain balance and co-ordinate their bodies. This is excellent physical training. It also applies to other aspects of life where other forms of physical coordination are required
* Physical Exercise: Ballet provides children with an intense and focused physical work out on a regular if not daily basis. In particular, children develop strong and long muscles from the exercises and work on the barre
* Sociability and Independence: Children who take ballet learn to work together as well as alone. This improves their ability to work in and perform for groups
* Self-Confidence: Children become surer of their abilities. They gain in self-confidence every time they dance. This is transferred to other areas of their life in places such as Highland Park IL and Tucson AZ
Ballet Classes for Kids: Learning Experience and More
If you want to give your children the chance to grow in a different direction while learning how to establish themselves on their own, you can go about it in different ways. For some parents in Highland Park IL, the answer has been simple. They have chosen to enroll their children in ballet classes for kids.
1 person likes this post.